I am a computer science PhD
student at CMU, advised by Heather Miller
. I am supported by an NDSEG Fellowship
sponsored by the US Office of Naval Research
My current research focuses on tools for building decentralized systems, including conflict-free replicated data types and secure group messaging protocols. Previously, I studied error-correcting code algorithms and algebraic number theory.
- @collabs/collabs: A TypeScript collections library for collaborative data structures. npm package github demos
- M. Weidner and H. Miller. Making Webapps Collaborative with Composable CRDTs. Strange Loop 2021. video talk info page slides recipe book demo LAN demo (electron) LAN demo (localhost server)
- M. Weidner, M. Kleppmann, D. Hugenroth, and A. R. Beresford. Key Agreement for Decentralized Secure Group Messaging with Strong Security Guarantees. Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2020/1281, October 2020. preprint
- M. Weidner, H. Miller, and C. Meiklejohn. Composing and Decomposing Op-Based CRDTs with Semidirect Products. Proceedings of ACM Programming Languages 4 (ICFP), Article 94, August 2020. official (open access) slides talk
- M. Weidner. Group messaging for secure asynchronous collaboration. MPhil Dissertation, University of Cambridge, 2019. Advisors: A. R. Beresford and M. Kleppmann. pdf
- A. K. Narayanan and M. Weidner. On decoding Cohen-Haeupler-Schulman tree codes. Presented at Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA) 2020. official pdf slides
- A. K. Narayanan and M. Weidner. Subquadratic time encodable codes beating the Gilbert-Varshamov bound. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 65(10):6010-6021, October 2019. official pdf
- A. Chiesa, L. Chua, and M. Weidner. On cycles of pairing-friendly elliptic curves. SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry, 3(2):175-192, 2019. official pdf
- M. Weidner. Pseudocharacters of homomorphisms into classical groups. Transformation Groups, 25:1345-1370, 2020. offical pdf
- M. Weidner. On conjectural rank parities of quartic and sextic twists of elliptic curves. International Journal of Number Theory, 15(9):1895-1918, June 2019. official arXiv code
- M. Hadian and M. Weidner. On Selmer rank parity of twists. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, 102(3):316-330, June 2017. official preprint
- M. Weidner. Towards fast encoding of Garcia-Stichtenoth algebraic
geometry codes. SURF Final Report, 2018. Advisors: A. K. Narayanan and C. Umans. pdf
- Notes from a talk I gave on algebraic geometry error-correcting codes to Caltech's Math Club, targeted towards a general undergraduate mathematical audience.
Math is Fun?
Here is a list of math jokes
, compiled by Laura Shou
Here is a packet of "fun" math problems
, compiled from various sources by a group including William Hoza
, Laura Shou
, Jalex Stark
, Michael Wheeler, and myself. They are designed to be printed double sided and cut in two, so that each problem has a link to its "answer" on the back.
maweidne [AT] andrew.cmu.edu