CMU (current, PhD in CS)
Cambridge ('19, MPhil in CS)
Caltech ('18, BS in Math)
I am a computer science PhD
student at CMU, advised by Heather Miller
. I am supported by an NDSEG Fellowship
sponsored by the US Office of Naval Research
My current research focuses on tools for building decentralized systems, including conflict-free replicated data types and secure group messaging protocols. Previously, I studied error-correcting code algorithms and algebraic number theory.
- Collabs: A TypeScript collections library for collaborative data structures.
- Collabs: Composable Collaborative Data Structures.
M. Weidner, H. Miller, H. Qi, M. Kjaer, R. Pradeep, B. Geordie, and C. Meiklejohn. arXiv preprint, 2022.
- An Oblivious Observed-Reset Embeddable Replicated Counter.
M. Weidner and P. S. Almeida. PaPoC 2022.
Official (open access) • Slides
- Key Agreement for Decentralized Secure Group Messaging with Strong Security Guarantees.
M. Weidner, M. Kleppmann, D. Hugenroth, and A. R. Beresford. ACM CCS '21.
Extended version • Official (open access)
- Composing and Decomposing Op-Based CRDTs with Semidirect Products.
M. Weidner, H. Miller, and C. Meiklejohn. ICFP 2020.
Official (open access) • Video • Slides (ICFP 2020) • Slides (SPLASH 2022)
- Group messaging for secure asynchronous collaboration.
M. Weidner. University of Cambridge MPhil Dissertation, 2019.
Advisors: A. R. Beresford and M. Kleppmann.
- On decoding Cohen-Haeupler-Schulman tree codes.
A. K. Narayanan and M. Weidner. SODA 2020.
Pdf • Official • Slides
- Subquadratic time encodable codes beating the Gilbert-Varshamov bound.
A. K. Narayanan and M. Weidner. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, October 2019.
Pdf (authors' accepted manuscript) • Official
- On cycles of pairing-friendly elliptic curves.
A. Chiesa, L. Chua, and M. Weidner. SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry, 2019.
Pdf • Official
- Pseudocharacters of homomorphisms into classical groups.
M. Weidner. Transformation Groups, 2020.
Pdf (author's accepted manuscript) • Offical
- On conjectural rank parities of quartic and sextic twists of elliptic curves.
M. Weidner. International Journal of Number Theory, June 2019.
arXiv • Official • Code
- Towards fast encoding of Garcia-Stichtenoth algebraic
M. Weidner. Caltech SURF Final Report, 2018.
Advisors: A. K. Narayanan and C. Umans.
- On Selmer rank parity of twists.
M. Hadian and M. Weidner. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, June 2017.
Pdf (preprint) • Official
• PhD student at CMU CSD